To celebrate my two new books, I'm happy to invite you to join me for one (or more!) of the following events:
- October 10 at 6:30 PM - I Am No Handmaid: The Online Launch Party for Swimming in Gilead with Yellow Arrow Publishing
- October 10 at 6:60 PM - I Am No Handmaid: Online Launch Party for Swimming in Gilead hosted by Casey Catherine Moore
- November 7 at 7 PM - Feature Poet, Simple Gifts at the Columbia Friends Meeting, 120 Pisgah Church Rd, Columbia, SC
- November 10 at 6:30 PM - Poetry Society of SC at the Charleston Library Society, 164 King Street Charleston, SC
- November 16 at 6 PM - Launch Party for Beaver Girl at All Good Books, 734 Harden Street, Columbia, SC
- December 14 at 5:30-7 PM - Get Lit! Celebrate the Season with New Writings from Cassie Premo Steele, Rooted Yoga, 141 S Shandon Street, Columbia, SC
- December 19 at 11:30 AM-1:30 PM - Readers & Writers Luncheon & Reading, 3147 Forest Drive, Columbia, SC
- January 31 at 9:15-10:45 AM - Kiwanis Meeting Speaker, 1650 Park Circle, Columbia, SC
- February 28 at 7 PM - Waterbean Poetry Feature, 9705 Sam Furr Rd., Suite A, Huntersville, NC
- April 10 at 6:30 PM - Feature Poet at Wednesday Night Poetry, America’s Longest Running Consecutive Weekly Poetry Series, Kollective Coffee+Tea, 110 Central Ave, Hot Springs, Arkansas
MORE EVENTS COMING!
Cassie Premo Steele is a lesbian, ecofeminist, mother, poet, novelist, and essayist whose writing focuses on the themes of trauma, healing, creativity, mindfulness and the environment. She holds a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. She is the author of 18 books, including 7 books of poetry and 3 novels. Her poetry has been nominated 6 times for the Pushcart Prize. She was a Finalist for the Rita Dove Poetry Award judged by the current US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo. She has also been awarded the John Edward Johnson Prize and the Carrie McCray Literary Award for Poetry. She is a recipient of the Archibald Rutledge Prize named after the first Poet Laureate of South Carolina, where she lives with her wife.
From 2009-2015, she wrote a monthly column called "Birthing the Mother Writer" for Literary Mama, named one of the 101 best websites for writers by Writers' Digest.
From 2009-2013, she hosted the The Co-Creating Show, a weekly podcast featuring creative inspiration and interviews with writers such as the US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo and and creativity experts such as Laraine Herring and Eric Maisel.